85 Silverado: Why is my Left Caliper sticking???

I was having trouble with my left caliper sticking so I completly redid the front brakes including two rebuilt calipers. Well the front left caliper is still seizing creating a major headache for me. What could be causing this I mean everything is new!!!

Reply to
Aaron Ackerman

Larry Gathright

replace your left brake hose. when the flex hose starts to fail, it can allow fluid into the caliper under high pressure, but not allow all of the fluid back out. the residual fluid can and will cause the brake caliper to drag.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

I think you are right. Thanks.

Reply to
Aaron Ackerman

Hello, new to the group here.

Because brakes are of such high importaince, and the lines aren't THAT expensive anyway, if it were me, I would replace both the right and left side lines.

Dave

Reply to
AceFleaMarket

I had a similar problem with my rear brakes locking up on my 81 Blazer. It turned out to be the proportioning valve (located up front, center). Replacement costs about $100 from the dealer. I was told that it was not rebuildable so for curiosity, I removed and disassembled the valve and found it to be very rusty on the inside. They were right. The new valve, and a complete flush of the brake lines cured the problem.

Reply to
George Kohl