88 Chevy codes

ok i have an 88 chevy truck 4x4 350 half ton and my problem is that i have a code 32 and i replaced the EGR valve about 3 months ago and the ECM about a year ago and for the last couple of day some times it runs smooth and some times it ides reeves up and down on its own and when i am driving you can feel it kind of serge but it not really a surge its more of you can feel it lose of power then you can feel it come back and it dose it back and forth but some times it runs smooth and my book says that it could be EGR or the vacuum lines or the electrical connections, PCM and i check the vacuum lines and the electrical connections can you tell me how to check the rest of the stuff or help me find out what is the problem

Reply to
loco

I had same problem on a 88 4.3 Jimmy. It turned out to be the MAP sensor. You could have a bad vacuum line there too. But, there is a small filter on the MAP that may be clogged. Mine was a leaky MAP, internal. There is a rubber diaphram inside that can go bad and the compuer will never let you know, ALDL too old.

enat

Reply to
pixburghenat

thanks for the info i will take a look at it

Reply to
loco