'91 C1500 TBI 350 won't start

Truck was running fine. Next day, turns over but won't crank. What could have gone bad that would cause this ? Has about 175000 miles, few if any repairs or replaced parts except common items ( plugs, cap, rotor, wires, belts, hoses, battery )

Thanks for any input !

Reply to
Ace_of_Chaos

Troy

I'll toss my guesses out into the wind....

No fuel at the TBI, I guess Fuel pump and/or filter. Fuel pump relay? (it's on the firewall, passenger side)

No spark, I would look at coil/distributor cap/rotor/wires/module. Maybe even the ECM, but check the fuse first.

After that, who knows. Could be a faulty Kanooten Valve. Just my $.02

Rick K

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
luckystrike39

Ace,

Your motor will crank but it will not turn over.

  1. Check for fuel delivery at the TBI. Remove the air cleaner air housing and have someone crank the motor while you watch the injectors. Should be lotsa gas spraying out.

  1. Check for spark. Pull the coil wire from the distributor cap, stick a long screwdriver in the boot and place the shaft of the screwdriver next to something metal. Have someone crank and watch for fireworks.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

My money is on the ignition module.....