93 C1500 5 speed trans

I have a 93 Chevy C1500 with a 5 speed and the trans is about shot (175,000 miles). I need to find a replacement but the local bone yards say they cannot get one for me. Do I just get it rebuilt? I was looking for a cheap way out. Please help.

Thanks, Hoss442

Reply to
Hoss442

No cheap way out on that tranny... A product of 98K miles of hellish abuse, it cost me around 900 to rebuild, and I had to take it to them. A new one is around 1700.

Rick K

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
luckystrike39