96 chevy won't start

i can put a little gas into the throttle body and she'll crank right up of course then die. i've changed the fuel filter and throttle positioning sensor, no change. i have 30 to 35 fuel psi when the key is turned on and the fuel pump is running. but i'm wandering if i have a week pump. i was told i needed 48 to 55 psi to run it . this is a vortec 350.i would appreciate any help thanks....

Reply to
woods44

I would think that you need more than 35 psi to make that engine run. But I don't have a book in front of me. You need to check a service manual to make an accurate diagnosis. Buy one or sneek a peek at Autozone/Pep Boys.

James

Reply to
James1549