'98 Silverado Door Weather Stripping

Driver's door, if it matters. Got the part (extrusion) and started looking at the task. It seems apparent that first the interior trim pieces have to be removed before the old weather strip can be removed and the new put back on. These pieces are attached in a not very obvious way. Aesthetically pleasing to all buy the mechanic. Before I start prying, pulling and probably breaking the trim, I thought I'd ask if anyone knows the proper way of going about the task or has the factory body manual and the kindness to look it up. On a side note, anyone know the correct adhesive to use to weld the ends of the weather stripping together? Assumes I will get that far, of course. Thanks, BF

Reply to
BF

If you can find a junk yard that lets you roam around , find a truck and experiment. I usually tell them I am looking for a dash knob or something stupid ,but couldn't find it and leave. That way if you pry off plastic moldings and screw them up ,who cares.

Jerry

Jerry - OHIO

So, you lie to the people in order to damage their privately owned property?

I think that's despicable. You make Web TV operators look bad. I bet you use the microwaves at 7-11 to heat up the food you bought at Piggly Wiggly? You wash your socks in the bathroom sink at McDonalds?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I don't wear socks or long underware.

PS Most yards crush the cars with the plastic in them. What was YOUR answer to the question. ??? GO MORON YOUR SELF

Reply to
Jerry - OHIO

NO , I have a sink & micro in my trailer. I DIDN'T know Web Tv ers were all ANGLES like You Ya I know I'LL burn in HELL , BUT I'll be dead and won't feel it anyway. So sit on it Pottzy.

Reply to
Jerry - OHIO

And I take MY own BUBBA Cola to Mc D. when I go there every day for supper and wedding receptions.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry - OHIO

AND the trucks in junk yards are scrap or they wouldn't be there. So go preeeeeech to someone else , I DON'T NEED SAVED If you believe in YOUR god that's good BUT DON'T Act like your so high and mighty .Keep your openion of me to your self. Some day we'll all be dead and who will give a shit !!!!!!! I'm going back to looking at Naked girls now on my WEB TV BY Jerry

Reply to
Jerry - OHIO