Q: '67 - Replacing Door Weather Channels

Another question, folks...

After reading a repair manual and searching many forums and Google to no avail, can anyone tell me the easiest way to replace the weather channel strip in the doors of a 1967 Coupe? I thing the glass needs to be removed first, but I cannot find anywhere that shows me how to do that. The rattling glass is driving me crazy when I drive.

Am I on the right track or am I making it overly complicated (which I tend to do!)? Thanks in advance,

Patrick

You don't have to remove the glass. It does make it easier in certain cases to drop the glass into the door by releasing the stop on the bottom though. The beltline felt which goes on the outside is snapped in with little clips and the inside beltline felt is "stapled" to the metal cover which sits on the top of the door and has the locknob sticking through it. It's easy to do, but time consuming replacing all the little staples. The beltline felts that I bought from Re-Pops has instructions and also comes with a little drill bit to drill new holes into the steel inner door section.

Reply to
66 6F HCS