99 1500 overdrive slipping

I've got a 99 with a 5.3 V8 auto/overdrive. The transmission slips when in 4th (overdrive). Only happens when I am going up hill of during slight acceleration. Had the transmission rebuilt but the problem persists. Any ideas?

Reply to
MWR

Who ever rebuilt it did a poor job if it is slipping and how are you defining slipping because the converter will likely unlock on hill in OD especially if it has a 3.42 rear axle and give the impression of slipping.

Reply to
TheSnoMan