a/c drain

does anyone how the a/c drain is routed? is it at the bottom of the evaporator box and can you get to it or see it from the passenger compartment? thanks. I need to try and clean it out.

Reply to
skip

skip

I don't exactly know the specifics for this truck, but they're all pretty much the same. The condensate drain is molded into the bottom pan of the air box under the AC coil under the dash on the passenger's side. The drain goes through the firewall and drips down onto the ground. You can get to the drain if you raise the front end of your truck and slide underneath on the passenger side. Typically, the drain is an L-shaped tube coming out of the firewall near the bottom.

If you need to clean it out, I recommend first trying a shop vac to suck out whatever debris and/or muck is clogging up the drain tube. some folks use a blast of compressed air, but while that does clear the drain, all the debris, etc. that clogged it is still inside the air box, which may just clog it up again.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

the condensation runs out the drain in the bottom of the evaporator case which is next to the firewall. The "coil" Jonathan speaks of is under the hood, not under the dash. As stated before you get to it from under neath the vehicle. There is a screen in the bottom of the case that is supposed to keep creepy crawlies out of the system, it gets clogged. There is next to NO clearance between the screen and the bottom of the evaporator. So do not try poking anything up the drain tube on this model (any S-10 of that body style for that matter) The case splits easy enough to remove the left side and then clean it out.. More than likely there is lot of debris on the evap core anyways and it needs to be cleaned, especially if you park under trees. At least the boss was nice enough to replace the evap, orffice tube and accumulator, and wouldnt even allow me to split the cost with him. I felt bad about that, shit sometimes happens. So you now know the story behind how the knowledge was gained.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning