Air intake for a 1998 454

I have a 1998 RV on a Chev chasis with a 454 engine. Can I get better gas milage and/or power from this engine by increasing the size of the air intake?

Is there any after market products out there that will help?

Dave.

Reply to
davidjjsmith

Not really. The 454 usually gets about 6 -8 mpg in street usable form. In RV use they are pretty much already set up to produce as much torque as possible. The problem after the engine is usually the huge brick they have to pull through the air. Ad in roof racks,A/C units and any other exterior protrusions and the mileage keeps going down.

Reply to
Steve W.