antifreeze question

for the last 50 years I have always added an rust imbiber and water pump lub, and stop leak (prestone) to my coolant system and have never had any problems. Now I have 2002 S-10 and it has dex-cool in it. Can I still do the same treatment

-- bc

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

boots

the best thing you can do is change the antifreeze every couple of years .. keep it clean . and full .. and replace the radiator cap // might want to backflush heater core also ..

air is the enemy of this coolant.. causes it to turn to sludge

paul

Reply to
Paul

The very first thing to do is to get rid of the DexCool. Nasty garbage. Totally flush the system clean and use the green stuff that says it can be used in any car. Change it every 2 years and you will be fine. I never add anything to the coolant. James

Reply to
James1549