Astro window motors and newsgroups

Two questions, where should I go to get a new astro driver side window motor. I've got power to the motor switch and the glass doesn't appear to be binding, any other suggestions for me. Also, is there a newsgroup specifically for Astro owners.

Thanks

Jim

Reply to
jim

Here's one

4645

I have been working on an Astro window problem for a few weeks. I can't find any broken wires between the fender and the door (it was quite an exercise to get to the plug and continuity check the wires.) A new motor does what the old motor did ... go up only. A new switch does the same thing. I have voltage to the motor on up, but not down. I have heard there is a relay in the door that controls voltage to the motor that could have an open circuit. Otherwise, I am still confused. There is continuity from the switch to the motor. It appears the switch is not reversing polarity, but I don't know why. This is on the passenger side. Neither switch will make the motor operate down.

I will keep investigating. This is a 1990 Astro. Any clues are welcome. :)

Reply to
wsb