Best to use AC Delco Filter

I have seen a few posts that mention to use an AC Delco oil filter instead of a FRAM if you are seeing low oil pressure at idle. I have a

1987 2.8l that runs 40-60 when cold and 20-40 depending on RPMs when warm, but drops to 10 when idling warm. The engine has a little over 80K miles and had an oil pump change 3k miles ago, but the idle pressure is lower than it was after the change (which was 15-20). Note that the oil pump was changed while I still had oil pressure, and there was no lifter noise.

Any advice?

Reply to
Sliderbot

Have you verified these pressures with a mechanical gauge?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"