It's alive (again )!

After sleeping in my driveway for 15 years while I brought a '55 Champion & and '61 Land Rover back to life, yesterday while it was raining in here in the east S.F. Bay Area I got my '52 2R5 to run again. All it took was a new battery, the correct carb from Papas Studebakers (which is what stalled the project in the first place ), found a correct NOS air cleaner from S.I., and a water pump from Studebakers West. Next: boil out the fuel tank, some new tires, get all the lights to work again, license & insure it. Then start collecting the money to have the engine re-built correctly, some short-cuts were taken 25 years ago when I had little money & not as much knowledge in re-building Champion engines. Best to all, Chris Houck

1952 2R5 1955 Champion 16G6 Sedan 1959 Lark VI 1961 Land-Rover 88" series II station wagon 1966 BSA A65T and some other stuff scattered around...
Reply to
Chris

I forgot to add that I had to re-prime the oil pump after the first start resulted in zero oil pressure. When I was cranking the engine over the gauge showed about 15 PSI, then when it lit off it dropped to nothing. I suppose that sitting at a 30 degree angle for 15 years may have had something to do with that. It now shows 40 PSI cold idle, then drops to about 15-ish when warm. More reason to re-build the bottom end. Chris

Reply to
Chris

She also wants' me to remove the Lark from the back yard so that she can put up another storage shed for her crap. The Lark stays! :^) Chris

Reply to
Chris