97 Ford Expedition Door Ajar Light?

I have a 97 Expedition. When opening and closing any door on the truck the interior light and the Door Ajar light on the dash stays on anywhere from 1 to sometimes 10 minutes. Anybody have any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Howard

I imagine that it is the same as the 97 F150 I had. There is a module behind the instrument cluster that was defective on mine. Dealer replaced it, but I believe it was over $150 for it. You may try salvage yards, but this seems to be common in 97, according to the service manager.

John

Reply to
spodely

Try shooting some WD40 on the door latches. My '98 F150 was doing the same thing. I shot the door latches with WD40 and they haven't done it since...

Later... Grant Speed Kills...Drive a Honda, live forever...

Reply to
Forcefan83

Reply to
coryrhonda

Reply to
coryrhonda

I've always been the one to do the easy things first. Later... Grant Speed Kills...Drive a Honda, live forever...

Reply to
Forcefan83