Blazer Fuel Pump

Does anyone know where I can get a fuel pump for a decent price for a '97 Blazer. The ones I am finding are about $275, the last one I bought for a '93 Jimmy was only $65. I can't believe there is that much difference!!

Reply to
The Adams Family

I believe the difference is that the newer trucks are pump and fuel level sender units.

Reply to
Steve W.

Give that guy a gold star! I'm pretty sure this is correct, pump and sender as a unit, the sender is the expensive part. I know on my old

94 this was NOT the case, pump and sender were separate. I'd have to go digg>I believe the difference is that the newer trucks are pump and fuel >level sender units.
Reply to
Mike Levy

I have decent luck finding a pump and just changing it. On my Dodge I found a separate pump was available for a 90, and not for a 92. Was the same injection system so I bought the 90 pump, a Carter from Auto Zone about $60, and attached it to the 92 pickup/sender assembly. Those pumps have a filter sock on the inlet end and the 92 was different so I bought a new one for the

90 and it's still working fine after about 4 years.

There are also a ton of aftermarket HP pumps you can use.

Al

Reply to
Big Al