Break Fluid

Hello, my Chevy truck calls for dot 3 break fluid and that is what I put in, but after I saw on the bottle it said Ford break fluid dot 3. Is this going to harm the system.Thank you Ed

Reply to
Ed Atyeo

'brake'

B-R-A-K-E

not 'break'

and no, it won't hurt it

Reply to
TransSurgeon

. . . On Mon, Feb 16, 2004, 2:02pm (CST+6) snipped-for-privacy@telusplanet.net (Ed=A0Atyeo) took himself a "break" to ask a "brake" question. Lets listen in.......

Hello, my Chevy truck calls for dot 3 break fluid and that is what I put in, but after I saw on the bottle it said Ford break fluid dot 3.

Is this going to harm the system?

Thank you, Ed =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Dear Ed, pardon me for adding the question mark to the end of yer question.......it wuz confusing me so I took the liberty.

now......

spell after me.........

B r a k e

Brake..........

got it?

good.

--------

-------

now.....on to yer question...........

No, you did not harm yer brake system one bit. If anything.......you increased the quality of the fluid by allowing it the privilege of being installed in a worthy vehical.

However, you may want to consider renewing that AAA insurance..... though the fluid ain't gonna cause you no brake concerns......there's always the possibility that it could contaminate yer Chevy....and make it start act'n like a Ford. you may start experiencing sudden unexplained ignition failures, oil leaks, vibrations, engine seize's, and an overall loss of reliability of the engines mechanical system as a whole.

marshmonster ~yer brakes are fine, don't worry~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster