Buying a new truck

I have heard that there is a web site that someone can go to to find out what a dealer paid for a particular vehicle, by using the vehicle's VIN number. I also heard this briefly of a 20-20 clip when they were chasing down cooked car dealers. I know that salesmen need to make a living, and expect to pay a decent portion over that invoice, but I don't want to get gouged. I also saw what a particular dealer "called" an invoice, but it was just something that they had typed up to make it look like I was getting a deal. I called them on it, and they refused to show me the real invoce so I left.

Any truth to this website?

Thanks

Eightupman

Reply to
Eightupman

has a way you can build a vehicle. Gives you 3 prices. MSRP, what the sticker would say. Invoice, the "invoice" price. TMV, or True Market Value, the average price people are paying for a vehicle with those options. Also breaks the listing down to show the cost for the added options...

Reply to
Mike Levy

Kelly Blue Book has something similar:

Invoice, Retail and New Car Blue Book.

Reply to
Dick

Edmunds works if you are doing the basic configs. Won't do squat for the

2500HD, etc.. I tried it back when looking for new trucks.
Reply to
Kevin

...as does

KB