Can I order a PreRunner in New England? Or a 2005 RAV4?

I could ask the local dealer, but once you start talking with one, you're sort of committed, and I might want to shop around or consider other options. The Toyota site is no help at all.

PreRunners seem to be California vehicles and I almost never see one around here, but if I were to buy a Tacoma, that's what I'd want. Could I get one, with a regular cab, stick, 2WD and not too many other options? I'd be adding a cap.

I'm also considering a RAV (I want the enclosed space, but a small vehicle). However I've never seen one on a dealer's lot with what I want (2WD, manual, black with black bumpers) and I wonder if it's getting a bit late considering the length of the supply pipeline. Does anyone know if I could special-order one?

And can I even get bumpers in body color without a sports option? I find photos of 2002 models like that, but later ones all seem to have gray/titanium/argent/whatever they call it now bumpers. Again, the Toyota site is no help.

I'm on Cape Cod, Massachusetts.

Thanks for any ideas.

Reply to
Alan Douglas

Bob Palmer

Hi, I live in Arizona and have two prerunners '98 and 2000. Not 100% sure about the '05 but 98-04 prerunners only available with automatics. Ill try to find out about the 05. Scott

Reply to
zonie

Hi again, I looked on toyota.com and here is what it says. First, all prerunners are 2wd , and only available in ext.cab or double cab with automatics. You would be very happy with the ext.cab or access cab as they call it now,it has doors on each side in the rear. Scott

Reply to
zonie

Thanks for the responses. 2WD is fine; in fact that seems to be the main idea of the PreRunner, a truck that looks like 4WD without the expense, for those of us that don't really need 4WD. But I want to be able to sleep in the back, and I doubt that the extended cab has room. The RAV does, at least the first-generation model (I haven't taken a tape measure to the second-gen yet).

Alan

Reply to
Alan Douglas

Reply to