buzzing fuel pump?

is this normal on a 98 3500 dually? I think my 89 did it too...but none of my 1500's ever did it? it just has a steady buzzing noise but it drives great....454 Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
JustaBenz Perkins Racing

Yes it is normal :) The reason the other pumps were quiet is because they were a 2 stage fuel pump which makes them operate much quieter than the single stage(most common)

Reply to
Wrench-head

Yes it's perfectly normal.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
sidewinder

Thank You !!! Everything with the truck is great ! it is under warranty and I have a couple dumb piddly things they already know about to fix. but sometimes it takes a few extra cranks to start. is it the fuel filter or something I could just fix real easy or any other thoughts on that? Thanks again ! Bob :)

Reply to
JustaBenz Perkins Racing

I'm not much of a contributor here because I'm not a mechanic but I will say that the brand of gas I put in my truck makes a difference in how it cranks and runs...a noticeable difference in cranking.

Reply to
Drumstick

Hey drumstick, a.p ???

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Huh??

Reply to
Drumstick

Just wondering if you were someone I knew. Just ignore the man behind the USNET node.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

No problem

Reply to
Drumstick

well this was interesting. I had warranty on the truck and knew that it wasn't starting right when I bought it. so I took it in today and they changed a fuel modual/ regulator thingy? some of you probably know what I am reffering too. but anyway they changed that and said something about the fuel going back into the tank or something, but the bottom line is that they are changing the fuel pump because it wasn't holding fuel pressure or something. I've never heard that one before??? but it's free parts and labor so I am not going to complain.... Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
JustaBenz Perkins Racing