Tahoe vs Truck

I thought this might make for interesting conversation if anyone has drove both of these vehicles. I personally have had an 89 1 ton 4x4 3500 dually, 95 chevy Z-71 short bed 1500 and a 96 long bed 1500 4x4. and My Girlfriend has a 97 Tahoe. I can honestly say that I cannot believe how much better that 4x4 1500 Tahoe rides compared to my trucks ! is it simply the extra weight on the back of the tahoe that levels it out or is there a different suspension? i can definately understand why my 3500 rode worse, but not real sure on the 1500's. bw-does anyone have the 2000 or up Tahoe or even drove one?

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

sidewinder

I just bought a 2004 Tahoe (comfort ride suspension- not Z71) and have been very happy with the ride. I have noticed, however that at highway speeds, strong crosswinds can push the back end around a bit. My previous car was a 97 Range Rover and I will say that the ride is pretty comparable.

cheers

Lee S.

Reply to
Lee S.

That's interesting. I don't kow about the rough stuff because her Tahoe doesn't get into any rough stuff due to the fact that is her baby lol, now my truck is used as a truck if it's rough and on the path i'm taking, well then i'm goin through........

Now the 2000-2004 is what we would like to have her driving by mid summer or so. and I know what you mean by the cross winds. we get slapped around to. but it's really not to bad. unless one them tornado's are ripping through good ole Iowa. I haven't found out yet and certainly hope not too....

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

I'm pretty sure the tahoes have a multi link rear suspension w/ coils, which would explain the difference in ride.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

We just traded in our 2002 Silverado Z71 for a 2003 Tahoe Z71. I can't believe the difference in the ride, and the Tahoe turns in a much shorter space. The Silverado was an extended cab, we really liked it, but we like our Tahoe even more.

Mark

Reply to
LionsDen

The Tahoe is a Great riding and handeling vehicle. we have a 97 LT Tahoe and a 95 Z71 Truck. Our Truck is used a a truck and our Tahoe is moreless family ride. and it's a Dandy. We love It !

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~