Cheyenne?

New to this newsgroup and to Chevy trucks. Can someone clarify what exactly "Cheyenne" means? Ive seen trucks listed for sale as 1500 Cheyenne as well as just 1500, or Silverado Cheyenne as well as just Silverado. Someone told me "Cheyenne" meant no frills- like the kind a company would buy for their fleet. But I cant tell the difference from the pics...Any help? Thanks....

Reply to
Mike

  • Custom Deluxe/Sierra - base model * Scottsdale/Sierra Grande - cloth seats and chrome trim * Cheyenne/High Sierra - more sound deadening and chrome * Silverado/Sierra Classic - wood interior accents, carpeting, and more chrome

For instance, my Blazer was a Police truck, so it's really 'no frills'...it's a Custom Deluxe. Vinyl seat covers, rubber floor mat, no interior trim panels in the back, am/fm radio with no tape deck, single mono speaker in the center of the dash, etc...

1500 means it's a 1/2 ton truck, whereas 2500 is a 3/4 ton and 3500 is a 1 ton. Previously, they used a different numbering system (10, 20, 30) to represent the same three variations.

The Wikipedia article is pretty good:

~jp

Mike wrote:

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

Also, this is specifically talking about Blazers, but the info applies to the other trucks as well...

~jp

Mike wrote:

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

Its like Biscayne, Belair, Caprice, Impala. they were all the same car, but each one had a little more than the next. someone saying Silverado Cheyenne is blowing smoke, or just doesn't know. Currently Silverado is the 'loaded" truck. The Cheyenne was a mid model, between those two was the Cheyenne Super. Below the Cheyenne where the base models, the Custom, and then the Custom Deluxe, these two where what most fleets bought. And above all of them was the Scottsdale, but I don't think that designation has been used in a while. Mechanically they are the same, same frame, drive train etc. so the Silverado would have power windows standard, where it would be an special order option on the Cheyenne.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning