Compressor clutch noise

Hearing a noise from the air conditioning compressor clutch when not engaged. no noticeable noise when engaged.

Ideas?

And can the clutch alone be swapped out if that is the problem?

95 Chevy Suburban 350

TIA

Jerry

Reply to
jerry

Called my shop to inquire into the cost to replace the clutch et.al. assembly. Not too bad IMO. However the shop is suggesting they replace the compressor too. 189,000 miles. not sure if the compressor is new or not...

The logic provided is usually once the clutch needs replacing the compressor life is nearing its end as well.

Thoughts?

Jerry

Reply to
Gordon

I can buy brand new Delphi complete compressor assemblies for about $20 bucks more than a clutch assembly in my neck of the woods from a company called Tropical International Auto Parts. Would recommend replace orifice tube and accumulator at same time, flush, vac, and recharge and if the evaporator is in good shape you should be good for another 189,000 miles. I don't know what compressor is on your truck, but if its an R-4, don't go rebuilt. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning