2002 Chevy Trailblazer

I just bought a 2002 Trailblazer, the keyless entry/remote "FOB" (they called it) is not programmed for the vehicle. Does anyone know how to program these? The dealer wants me to bring it back to them so they can program it for me at no charge but they are never open when I'm off work!

Reply to
DANIEL KIRVES

DANIEL KIRVES wrote: "I just bought a 2002 Trailblazer, the keyless entry/remote "FOB" (they called it) is not programmed for the vehicle. Does anyone know how to program these? The dealer wants me to bring it back to them so they can program it for me at no charge but they are never open when I'm off work!"

I found these instructions for a 2003 Tahoe a whiel back.

Do you have an owners manual? If so its in there under keys or program. .HERE ARE INSTRUCTIONS...

1- Close all the vehicle doors. 2- Insert the key into the ignition cylinder (do not turn on). 3- Press and hold the door unlock switch on door panel. 4- While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. 5- Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode. 6- Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approx. 15 seconds, the doors willlock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.

These instructions were found posted for a 2002 Tahoe but state 2001 Tahoe

Document ID# 660746

2001 Chevrolet/Geo Tahoe - 4WD

Sarge