Citroen Berlingo van gears/clutch noise

Mate has one of the above (2005 diesel) and he's complaining of a noise I can't explain. He says it goes into gear fine, but when he goes out of gear to change up/down there's a metal-on-metal grinding sound.

Any ideas please?

Incidentally, while on, my own car (a 2010 Honda Civic) makes a 'clutch bearing' noise when pulling away. A sort of drone that lasts as long as the clutch is engaged in first. No other noise in any other gear (including reverse), and doesn't happen when the car is properly warmed up. In fact, it only started in the recent cold snap.

The Honda forums report that this isn't uncommon, and the consensus appears to be 'they all do that sir'. So I'm inclined to wait for a more drastic impending failure mode. Any views?

Reply to
RJH

Dual mass flywheel problem?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Had a similar issue with the relay van the flywheel was replaced under warranty, seems a pretty common problem

Reply to
steve robinson