Craftsman Wrenches

An odd event last week while working on my 97 Yukon. I was removing a broken fan from the fan clutch. (long story, don't ask.) It was -14* overnight but I don't know what the temp was at 9:00 am when this happened. I dropped a Craftsman 5/8 combo wrench on the concrete floor and it broke in half. Now, I have abused these wrenches for years by beating them with mallets, hooking the open end to the box end for extra leverage, and any other "common" abuse you give wrenches without incident. This one just broke when it hit the floor. My wife actually laughed at the look on my face when it happened. Anyone else have this happen to them? I haven't taken the wrench back to Sears yet for an exchange, but I don't anticipate any warranty problems. Comments? Regards, JR

Reply to
JR

There going to stand there with a stupid look on their faces when you tell them how that happened. I was working on moving a large HD. Press in a shop that was bolted to the floor. We had trouble unbolting the 1-1/2 inch. nut that was holding the press down. Me & Big Jake took a box wrench and chain hooked to a tow motor a broke the end off of a 1-1/2 "wrench. Jake went to Sears and said he pulled it by hand and it broke. When he walked back into the shop with a new wrench over his shoulder no way I thought they would believe him. Jerry

Jerry - OHIO

Lord I got a box of 5/8 I will send you..

Reply to
Jack Valance