Crankshaft Oil seal

I thought you were leaving , in your own words, 'OK Guys I've had enough on this thread.'

Can't stop being humiliated, eh ?

Reply to
TranSurgeon

as long as you've not plastically deformed (i.e. bent it) the shaft, it should be just fine, although I would reccommend buying a more appropriate tool.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

"TranSurgeon" wrote

Yes, my eyes glazed over when I read that, I think. I'd love to have Elliott work beside me for a couple of weeks and watch him "fix" things. It's been very boring at work lately, all the previous "butchers" were finally cleaned out. I mean, I miss the tech's that can't line up the input shaft when putting an engine in a Corvette and ends up pushing the pilot bearing right into the engine, (crank is hollow on the Vettes), screwing both the engine and the input shaft/torque tube. That kind of stuff is the spice of life in a dealership.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

This must be what I sound like talking about my beloved cars.

Click type: Tells you when to stop, if your looking at it, if your not looking at it, or if your blind. Dials to torque in 1 f/lb increments (minimum). My opinion, very accurate.

Beam type: Doesn't tell you a thing, you *must* look at it. Hard to do when you really need to torque something down. And while I have great (10/20) vision, the gauge is too small to be 1 f/lb accurate.

The disclaimer: Neither type is 100% accurate in any instance, they both have tolerances.

I still say one is for kids in a shop, or parts changers in VIP. One is for mechanics. I some day would like to be able to call myself a mechanic.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

WOA WOA. Before I'm thought of as a biggot here; I thought we were going to start guessing his religion. ALLOT of Spanish people are roman catholic. Nothing against the Spanish, or their religion, or anyone else who follows it. Good little Irish boy here, roman catholic *cough*.

~KJ~

message

Reply to
KJ