Did I Fry It????

1990 C1500 Silverado / 350TBI

In the course of working on the truck, I allowed the battery to discharge. I fumbled around and hooked up the jumper cables backward for approximately 1-2 seconds before i caught my mistake. After correcting the reversed polarity, the truck started and ran well, but I can't get the electronic heating/AC control to respond. It lights up, but you can't move the fan setting up or down, adjust the temp. or anything. Pushing the buttons seem to have no effect at all. The module was working before.

Has anyone had experience in this area before? Can I totally disconnect the battery perhaps and restore operation of the control unit? I haven't tried it because it's my son's truck and I don't have daily access to it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Reply to
chestand
[...]

Hi!

While possible, I doubt you have "fried" anything permanently. Try disconnecting the battery for a while.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

I'd also check all of the fuses (under dash) as well as the firewall (and the fusible links there too). The firewall-mounted fuses and links should be under a black plastic shroud held on with 3 (or was it 4?) plastic nuts. It's on the passenger side on the engine side of the firewall.

-Steve

Reply to
Tiffany/Steve