New 2005 SD 250 Crew - Diesel Mileage

Anyone know what mileage I can expect with the 6.0 diesel , city / highway without towing?

When towing I'll pull a 3,500 trailer - over hills in upstate New York.

Thanks Guys, Dom

Reply to
Dom

I don't have your answer, but keep in mind things that do lower mileage are:

4x4 Rear end ratio Auto or stick and in a 350, duallys
Reply to
Mellowed

I have no idea, but I know a guy with the old diesel ('96, 4-door, dually). He said he gets about 16 or so MPG. (I remember because it is nearly the same as my 300 on a much lighter truck)

The guy I mentioned pulls a 5th wheel camper sometimes. The worst mileage he got was pulling the camper around 70 mph into a strong head wind. The truck still managed 9 MPG. My dad used to have an old Clubwagon (351, carb) that was barely managing 9 MPG unloaded at the end of its life.

I would expect (although newer isn't -always- better) the newer engine to be better than the old one.

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

So why do you need a diesel to pull a 3500# trailer, other than, you just want one? The price of diesel is going to settle in somewhere in excess of premium gas so take that into account when calculating the cost per mile.

Reply to
Sam_I_Am