diff between s10 4.3 starter and 350 starter?

Wife's got an older `89 s10 with a 4.3 automatic, I've got a 78 c20 with a 4-speed something-or-nother. Her starter just pooped and I've got a brand new NOS starter for the 78 sitting in the shop with dust and cobwebs. Looked for part nums and illustrations to match up before I scrumbled around in the dirt to off her starter. Anybody know -IF- the starters stand a chance of being compatible?

Reply to
visualweb

Why not off it and compare? Worse case they don't match and you take the core to the parts store.

Reply to
Meat Plow