DOC ATTENTION CODES

I appreciate you responding to my question about codes 172 and 175. The truck is a 1996 Chevrolet 1-ton dually with a 5 speed transmission. I have changed the oil and filter on a regular basis. I have not tuned it up in a while. The motor is a 454. I bought the truck about 3 years ago with this problem. I am at a loss and appreciate any input, with the exception of taking to a Chevy dealer. Thanks again, Barbara

Reply to
Barbara

Barbara,

I need to know the exact mileage of the vehicle and exactly how long it has been ( in miles, not months or years) since it was tuned up. Also, when was the last time you changed the air filter?

Are there any signs of the vehicle actually runing rich? Black smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe, crappy mileage, lack of power are a few common sympoms. DO NOT take your vehicle to a dealership. They will rob you blind. Look in the phone book for a "light truck" or "medium-duty truck" place under "Automobiles-Repair and Service" and take it there.

Regards,

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"