1988 Dully rear end ?

I have a 1988 R30 Chevy 1 ton dully with a 454 Fi motor. Can anyone tell me what rear end would be in this truck. I am thinking about changing the gears from the 4.11s to 3.55s.

Reply to
randall wallace

is it a standard? a diesel? i had an old 78 gmc3500 HD dually converted to gas with the old 3 speed automatic, great for working in town and pulling and hualing she was geared really low but on the highway she would scream like a banshee at 4500 to

5000 rpms at 90K and the gas mileage, there was none to speak of

dual cherrybombs under the cab, an old LT1 under the hood with a one over cam, i miss her still hehe

seriously though, what are you doing with it? if you are pulling and hauling i would think you run the risk of tearing your rear end to shreds if you wanted faster and preformance. if your just hotdogging it then go for it.

Reply to
mathusala_jones