Help Needed - 2000 GMC Sierra Air Compressor Belt

My truck has about 100K miles on it now. In the last 3 months, its thrown

3 air compressor belts. I have a mechanic telling me it's because the air compressor is locking up. Does anyone have any information about why my truck may be throwing this belt?
Reply to
Brant_McCrory

You may have answered your own question. Is the compressor locked up??

Reply to
KB

Bad idler pulley, bad water pump, bad AC compressor. All could cause it. Time to pull the belt and take a close look.

Reply to
Steve W.

My mechanic is looking at it this morning. He says there doesn't appear to be any problems with the compressor. He was going by information that the belt company was giving him about this problem when he suggested that the compressor was locking up. Instead of changing the compressor he wanted to try a different belt, one that is just a hair bigger to see if that helps before we change the compressor. Thanks for the comments. If anyone has heard of anything else like this going on, please let me know.

Thanks again, Brant

Reply to
Brant_McCrory