ECM

I have a 4.3l TBI ecm in a 1995 K1500 w/t with 5 speed manual trans but the engine had been replaced with a 5.7 l V8 TBI. The main bearings need to be replaced and I'd like to find an ecm to match. The only ones i can find are for the automatics. Would one of them work?

Reply to
Ringer

The ECM you currently have will be better than the one from an automatic. The only big difference between the TBI system on the 4.3 and the 5.7 is the size of the injectors. There are 2 injectors on each of those engines when equipped with TBI

Reply to
clare

Thanks. I was worried that the 4.3L ecm might make the 5.7L run either too rich or too lean. Should I be concerned about that. When first started the engine idles at around 200-300 rpm instead of the 700 it should be.

Reply to
Ringer

That is to be expected because the tach signal will be about 75%. The

8 will produce roughly 33% more tach impulses than the 6 at the same speed.. The ideal is to get the RIGHT ECM, with the RIGHT CAL pack.
Reply to
clare

Thanks alot

Reply to