F150 commercials lol.

The latest round of Ford F150 commercials they brag about how the rear bed should "stay with the truck" so they use 6 special bolts to hold the box on. Good selling point, lol. B

Reply to
Battleax

Hi!

Hmm...my '84 GMC's bed is still firmly attached to the frame...despite the fact that it is heavily rusted...

Such a selling point...

William

Reply to
The Unexpected Bill!

Maybe the beds of the F150 were falling off.

Reply to
Rich B

I would bet money that Ford is now using the bed as a structural part for resist frame flexing.....

mark

Reply to
rock_doctor

Ya know, my '79 K1500 wouldn't be the same without all the frame flex. Goin up a dirtbike jump, I've got about 3-4" of difference between the body line at the cab and bed, and I think it's great. It sure turns heads when I'm on a trail! :-)

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers