Factory trailer wiring harness ?

I have a '04 chey blazer ZR-2 it came with a factory trailer wire (8 wire setup) I am towing a camping trailer with electric brakes and need to know if there is a connection located somewhere under the dash for the brake controler ?

thanks

Reply to
Diana & Mark

There should be. My 01 and 06 Silverado came with a wire harness and it all plugged in under the dash somewhere.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Recer

should be some info on the controller connection in your owners manual. mine plugs in just about where your left foot is. (above where your foot rests)

Reply to
Bill

yep. it's in the black box your left foot hits on.

Reply to
Steve Barker

messagenews:2toji.6925$ snipped-for-privacy@read2.cgocable.net...

On the firewall inside of the truck abover the brake pedal is a black cover with a long nut holding the cover on. Behind this cover is a connection center with a few sockets that special wiring harness's can plug into for accessories. For about 11 dollars you can go to a Chevy dealer or a decent trailer (not just camping trailer) store and they will have this wiring harness. This harness you purchase will plug into this connection center and the other end of this wiring harness will splice into the brake controller. This is very simple!!!!! You will need something to connect the wires together with like smaller wire nuts and some wire ties to neaten up the job when complete. There is a 50 amp fuse that will connect into the fuse center under the hood that will give 12 volts constant feed to the trailer if needed during towing but this is not necessary.

Good Luck!!!!

Reply to
Kingcobrat!