Pulling trailer with a 300m

I am going to buy a Camping trailer. At what weight will I need to have brakes installed on the trailer?

Thanks

Reply to
Steve

General rule of thumb is if the trailer, fully loaded, weighs half the towing vehicles weight, brakes are NECESSARY, Anywhere close, and they are recommended.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

In ONTARIO, the legal limit is 1350 kgs, about 3000 pounds. After that, brakes are manditory.

What type/make of trailer are you after?

is a great place to check out..

PT_Sean

I am looking at a small 8' Fleetwood camping trailer. This particular model has the electric brakes. It weighs roughly 1500 LBS.

Steve

Reply to
Steve