fob programming/keyless entry

any body have the instructions to reprogram a fob for a 2000 gmc sierra? would appreciate it greatly.

Reply to
robbob

What's your VIN?

Reply to
Joe Smith
2gtec19t9y1217709 is that important?.
Reply to
robbob

Well on my 2003 Chevy Silverado, If you hold the Lock/Unlock buttons at the SAME time in front of the Dash about a foot away and hold it until the passlock light flashes on the Dash. Of course if you do it to one and not the other, then one will work and one won't. You'll have to program both at the SAME time if you want both of them working.

Reply to
JBDragon

You will have to take it to a dealership, and take both key fob's, the dealer has their own "GM" scan tool which they will use to program the fobs so they both work, you dont want one to work and not the other. I had it done on my 99 Silverado, but I also have friends who work at Graff Chevrolet in Sandusky Michigan, so it didnt cost me anything. Its good to know people.

Reply to
<kielu84

Before the OP goes and spends money on this, I suggest he try the following directions. They're the same for my 2000 S-10.

#1 Start with the ignition OFF, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel. Turn ignition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF. Release power unlock button on the door panel. The locks will cycle once.

# 2 Hold down the keyless entry transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons for 15 seconds. The locks will again cycle once.

# 3 Repeat step #2 for each additional keyless entry transmitter.

# 4 Turn the ignition on to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode. Programming is now complete

Should fix the issue if you d>You will have to take it to a dealership, and take both key fob's, the

Reply to
Mike Levy