FSD coolers, IP on 98 Diesel G3500 van

Hello again:

I've been digging into my poor-running problem, and it appears that a part of it is a bad FSD. I've ordered a cooler, and I will figure out how to do that: I will definitely get a new FSD, now that I see where it is.

Which brings me to my new problem: The FSD and IP are right under the body bridge in the G3500, so almost the only way I can see them is with a mirror. Being ignorant of all these things, I tried to take the cable off the IP (actually, I think it's the optical temp sensor), and I broke the little locking tab (at least, if there was a little locking tab, I broke it -- can't find the part in the lifter valley). It seems to stay in reasonably well, but it seems really dumb to leave it unclipped... It seems like I'd have to put a new end on the cable, which would be quite a feat in that location. Any other thoughts?

Thanks! Keith

Reply to
Keith Winston