Fuel Pump

Hello, would any one know the life expectancy of a fuel pump for a 98 Silverado? I have 210000 kl on my truck, it runs fine but I can't help
wondering if it should be changed. Also are there any signs it may have to be changed or does it just stop working? Thank you............Ed
On our '99 Suburban, the fuel pump just flat quit one day. There were no signs of impending failure, just failure! It has somewhere around 90K miles on it. As I understand it, that was running on borrowed time having never been replaced before that. Fortunately it was right in front of the house!

My 1999 3500 fuel pump (in the gas tank) also just quit without warning. I was doing 50 on the highway. Got it restarted and it quit again as I was changing lanes to stop on the shoulder. Make sure they order the right one. There's evidently one for California emission standards and one for the rest of the world.