can't unplug main electrical harness plug - 98 Blazer 4wd

I'm currently following the Haynes manual procedure for replacing the heater core on my 98 Blazer 4D 4WD. I've almost got the dash off but have two problems:

1 - I can't unplug the main harness plug located behind the glove box. It's a rectangular box with a small bolt in the middle that is shielded from the surrounding wires by a small piece of plastic. The manual says to unscrew this bolt before removing the plug; however, it will not unscrew all the way. Resistance will build and then suddenly go away - seems like something is wrong with the screw. Unless, of course, I'm missing something.

2 - The Haynes manual refers to a bolt underneath the dash just right of center next to a vent that is screwed into a "steel pencil brace behind the dashboard". The picture is grainy and I cannot find the bolt this is referring to, but I can tell not all the bolts/screws have been removed because the dash still does not want to pivot or move much.

Reply to
chloraphil

That means the screw is all the way loose, there are tiny locks all the way around the plug housing, either pull hard to pop them loose or flex it a little bit with a tiny screwdriver.

Reply to
Eugene

Got it, thanks!

Reply to