GMC 6000

I bought a retired U-Haul GMC 6000 model year 1988 and I'm generally satisfied with it however the "check engine" light is lit.

This is a carburated large block chevvy engine. ^^^^^^^^^^

What's up with it?

Reply to
Bill Vajk

Computer Controlled mixture on the Carb. Chevy put out carbs on W/T series and large trucks up until 91. I don't know about the larger trucks, they may have carried on further than that.

My Actron OBD1 scanner can read the codes off of carburated computers, so MAYBE even Autozone could read the codes for you. You might try taking it to a truck repair place. They'd be more familiar with it than just about any auto repair shop these days.

Reply to
John Alt

Thanks.

Reply to