Mondeo Power Steering Rack

Hi I had to change the power steering rack on my 94 1800 a while back, I fitted a recon unit cost me £150, did the work myself, dropped the subframe etc as advised by people in the know/workshop manual. I have to do the job again after covering only 15000 miles from the recon rack it too is losing fluid,( advised at the time they were a waist of money) its out of warranty so no recall there. My question is this o wise ones can I fit a replacment rack to my car without dropping the subframe Ive been told this is not a problem you can withdraw the rack from the passenger side after unbolting and a twist or two job done. As you can imagine this would save a great deal of time & setting-up if I have to drop the subframe again. Hope you can help with this one. MikeH

Reply to
MikeH

I tried and the answer is no. Well I couldn`t anyway :-).

Reply to
John Woodhall