Hydraulic Clutch Line

Hi Folks,

'91 Ext Cab, 305, 301K miles, 5sp manual, RPO MG5.

Seems the old lumber wagon needs a new line from the master to the slave. My dealer can't find the line on his system, which is leaving me scratching my head.

Thought I had this problem licked when I replaced the slave. Is this line some kind of mystical part, where only a select few parts guys know where to find them?

Before I go on the hunt, anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get one?

Thanks Rick K

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
luckystrike39

My '95 has the one piece deal. The '91 has the master/slave as seperate units. I was lucky enough to have the slave where the bleeder is on top. Yes, it was a bear. A big, bad, miserable, grizzly bear. I was able to combine certian 4, 5, and 6 letter swear words to finally make it work.

Worse than Doc's brake woes, and THAT was a whole den of bears!

Anyone know if I can just make a line up for this?

Rick K

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
luckystrike39

____________________________________________________________________________ ___

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Worse than my epic brake problem eh? Damn that must have sucked! How many gallons of clutch fluid did you go through?

Regarding the line, refresh my memory . What is it made of and what size and type of fittings are on the ends?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

----------

Tell your dealer he is full of cow pies, then check with another dealer. If I'm not mistaken, 90-up models are replaced with a pre filled, pre bled line. I have no idea how this works, but it was an attempt to make replacement easier (it's a bear to bleed that line).

HDS

Reply to
HDS

Hi Doc,

Yeah, it sucked pretty bad. I didn't use gallons, I just had a tanker truck full of DOT 3 show up....

The line is almost like a brake line, with the same type fittings, but bigger in diameter. It also has that metal crimped rubber jacket on it, where is goes along the engine.

I found one at another dealer, $41 my cost. It sort of burns me that my regular dealer couldn't find it. I'll have to have a talk with the parts manager next time we're out for beers...

I'll keep ya posted.

Thanks Rick