I haven't solved the problem yet.

Hi guys:

I asked this earlier and I'm asking the same thing again because I haven't solved the problem yet.

I have a 1995 S10, 4.3 engine , manual trasmission and the RPM when Idling are on 2000.

I changed the IAC, the Throtle control something ( I don't remember the exact name of it, but I do know that it starts with throtle, or the word throtle is in the name) and the EGR valve o something like that and the problem is still there.

Any idea what else could causing the RPM that high?

The computer gave a "link error" on Autozone and Advance Discount Autoparts.

Thanks in advance,

Arionardo.

Reply to
arionardo

What was the EXACT code they got at Autozone? It will look like P####.

If you are vague as hell in your problem descrioption the answers will be just as vague.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I'd look for a vacuum leak.

Reply to
L8N DEB

That was what they got at Autozone,.... " Link error" ....that was it. I think I'm going to try another place to scan it and see what happens.

Reply to
arionardo

Vacuum leak will do it. So could a stuck throttle cable or cruise cable.

Reply to
Steve W.