Please help, I am over my 95 Eclipse IAC sensor problem

My son changed an IAC sensor in my 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse and now the RPM are jumping up and down like if you were hitting the gas, is there something else that has to be done when replacing this sensor? I was told you have to adjust it or something if so how do you do that?

Reply to
vaneck34

How long after replacing this are you complaining? It takes a few hours for the ECU to compensate for other factors (like O2 sensore, MAF, etc) before it will stabalize. To put a new IAC in you have to pull the battery. That resets the ECU to base. If it continues to hunt for more than a day or two...there are things you can try. Please post positive or negative and I will try to help.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know