increasing my gas mileage

I'm thinking of trying one of the turbonator or tornado fuel saver devices. I was woundering if anyone else has tried one of these items? Thanks to all that can help.

Reply to
kevin rowell

Come on, think about it. If you accually got better milage with it, the Auto Manufactures would be jumping at it. It's one of many of these Incress Miles scams to get money from you. They seem to work in the since that people keep buying this crap.

Reply to
JBDragon

Reply to
Gary Picha

Take the money you'd spend on the "scam-o-nator" and spend it towards a tune up. B.

Reply to
Brian

Save your money. Those things are useless and do not do anything.

If you want to increase gas mileage, get a Geo Metro. ;-)

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

You'll do a little better with a Honda Civic. I get between 50 to 54. I would wait on the hybrids a little while.

Reply to
Al Smith

I don't think those things work, honestly...

I was able to go from an average of 16mpg, to an average of 20, and as high as 22mpg, in my 2004 6.0L 1500.

The mods that did it:

- a good low resistance plug wires (MSD 8.5's),

- a free flowing exhaust (or just a muffler), (B&B "Triflow" cat-back)

- a drop-in cotton-gauze air filter, (AFE)

- electric fans. (Flex-a-Lite 282's)

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

Well... it was a joke. My personal choice for mileage is a diesel VW.

I will never own a hybrid car, Electric car or anything of that nature. Hell I won't even own an electric weed-whacker.

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell