Insterment panel

Recently started having problems with the tyranny temp gauge reading too high, now the needle is in the opposite direction from where it should be and today my rpm gauge went to 5k and is stuck there any one have any ideas the truck is a 2003 druemax with 98k.

Reply to
Robert Vaillancourt

I've heard of and experienced lots of speedometer problems with this cluster, but not too many like you describe. Take it to the dealer. They can hook up a diagnostic /reader programmer and test the all the parts of the cluster. I've seen them do it to mine while I watched.

Reply to
Augustus

Thanks for the tip, when I had it to the dealer when I though the Tranny temp was running hot and before I suspected the gauges they told me they could find no problems.

I've heard of and experienced lots of speedometer problems with this cluster, but not too many like you describe. Take it to the dealer. They can hook up a diagnostic /reader programmer and test the all the parts of the cluster. I've seen them do it to mine while I watched.

Reply to
Robert Vaillancourt

Electrical gremlins like this are frustrating to track down. Could be a short or ground fault to the cluster. Or the cliuster could be bad. If the tach is permanently stuck and the tranny gauge is pegged down in the opposite direction, I don't see any option but to take it in and have it looked at again. Might be simple. Probably not though, A GM remanufactured cluster is $400. Installation is 20 min. A new cluster is over $1200.

Reply to
Augustus

Thanks for the help I will probably take out the panel and see if I can find anything visible as that is not too bad a job. the temp gauge and the rpm both work but are way off there readings

Electrical gremlins like this are frustrating to track down. Could be a short or ground fault to the cluster. Or the cliuster could be bad. If the tach is permanently stuck and the tranny gauge is pegged down in the opposite direction, I don't see any option but to take it in and have it looked at again. Might be simple. Probably not though, A GM remanufactured cluster is $400. Installation is 20 min. A new cluster is over $1200.

Reply to
Robert Vaillancourt

Reply to
BurbGuy

You might be a redneck if.... You talk and spell like this! lol just kidding.

Reply to
the_Host

I just had my cluster replaced (same problem) dealership said that this should be a recall item because of the number they have had to replace.

Reply to
doc

Thanks for the reply I did find a place that will rebuild the cluster for a reasonable price what did the dealer charge you for replacing the cluster