overheating

I have a 2003 Miata- today, 103 degrees out, temp needle went about 1 needle width over the figure on the guage with the AC on, a needle width below it with AC off. Is this a problem? I checked- both fans were on Loren

Reply to
the invisible man

Maybe--The problem is that the factory gauge is not known for it's accuracy. It takes the dealers tester or an obd2 adapter and program running on a laptop to tell what is happening. There are other ways, such as taping a temp sensor to the radiator. (Not as accurate). If the temp gauge on my 99 read as yours does, it would be overheating.

Reply to
chuckk