Just bought an '02 Forrester- any tips?

We just bought a nice used 02 Forrester S, 5 speed. Very clean, still under factory warranty. I was wondering if there is anything that we should do beyond the obvious (like get it to the local Sub dealer for its 22,500 service!) - what about the long-life synthetic oils, is that recommended? Its been so long since we bought anything I this nice I want to make sure we treat this baby right! - thank!, Mike

Reply to
Mike

I have the identical except auto, bought new. Had to tighten the railing screws which were very loose on one of the four connection points of the top rack. The dealers detail crew forgot to lower the tire pressure from the shipping inflation of 45 lbs. The emerg brake had to be adjusted as the light stayed on unless it was slammed down.

I removed the center, rear headrest and hung it in a plastic bag from one of the other headrest support bars behind the seat. It blocked my rear view too much.

Opinions vary on the expensive synths. My dealer has no problem with my using them but until it is out of warranty, the oil must still be changed at the specified interval [3750]. My preference, and less expensive alternative, is quality oil at 3k intervals. It is easier to remember, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, etc.

Good luck,

BoB

Reply to
BoB